ELYSE WALKER....



About Elyse:
Elyse Walker is boutique owner and stylist residing in Venice Beach. She enjoys early morning walks to recharge her creativity  before heading to work in Pacific Palisades where she is the owner and head stylist of the eponymous Elyse Walker boutique. Elyse and her team have a deep passion for styling women in multi-functional pieces that make them look and feel their most confident.

What’s hot right now?
Prints, color and dresses! This season is so bright and happy that the store feels like a candy shop. Whereas previous seasons were neon, this season is full of bold, bright primary colors like yellow, orange and green. There is really no color that doesn’t work for spring. In my opinion Peter Pilotto is definitely the trendsetter of the season, his prints and use of color are unparalleled and the fit is perfect. Spring designs by Alexander McQueen and Bottega Veneta are also must haves.

What was the most fashionable thing you last bought?
A big fashion statement Tom Binns necklace, I wore it all over Paris Fashion Week. Any big chunky necklace purchase this season is a good one; plus it will make an old dress look like it’s new.

What destination are you most looking forward to traveling to right now?
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. My family has a home there and I love visiting when I need to relax and recharge. I walk for an hour and a half every morning and get my best inspiration for work and fashion while looking at the water and searching for whales. On my last trip, I came up with my next business venture which is to build my own RTW line of “must have” pieces that I hope will complete the perfect wardrobe.

What’s on your style wish list?
A yellow or orange crocodile handbag. I’m still searching though I have my eyes on an orange J.Mendel bag or a neon yellow Proenza Schouler.

What’s on heavy rotation in your wardrobe currently?
Anything from Helmut Lang, they do a great job with easy everyday pieces that you can throw on with jeans and still look put together. I also love all of my Isabel Marant booties. Again, easy and comfortable. Comfort always comes first for me when I’m in LA and NY. When I go to Paris though I must admit I often go for fashion over comfort and suffer in high heels.


DORIS RAYMOND




About Doris:
Doris Raymond is a vintage clothing collector and owner/proprietor of The Way We Wore®. She lives in the heart of Los Angeles and loves animals, children, treasure hunting and traveling. You can follow Doris’s vintage adventures in real time by tuning in to the Smithsonian channel show L.A. Frock Stars which follows the everyday operations of The Way We Wore® and its dedicated team.

What’s hot right now?
What’s hot right now is a little something from every era. Downton Abbey, Boardwalk Empire, and the imminent release of The Great Gatsby have all caused an upsurge in the call for fashions of those eras. More and more brides are opting to go vintage for reasons both economical and the desire to stand out. Trends in bridal run the gamut from Victorian lawn dresses to goddess styles of the 1970′s. It’s also prom season and the girls are clamoring for everything from proper cocktail looks from the 1950s to the outrageous pouf skirted silhouettes of the 1980′s. In retrospect, every era of the 20th century has something to offer the modern fashion connoisseur.

What was the most fashionable thing you last bought?
A fabulous graphic three-piece Franco Moschino 1991 Lichtenstein blouse, skirt, and jacket set. Divine!

What destination are you most looking forward to traveling to right now?
I’m hoping to vacation in the Seychelles this year but have buying trips planned in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois and Texas.

What’s on your style wish list?
My style wish list will only be topped with an original Charles James! I am also always on the look out for Maison Martin Margiela artisanal pieces – heaven. Any major couture piece of historical significance is high on my priority list, but I also love, love, love kitschy one of a kind pieces that speak to my whimsical side. With vintage sometimes you don’t know what you want until you see it!

What’s on heavy rotation in your wardrobe currently?
Casual clothing. Skinny black jeans and colorful tee shorts, mixed with a fabulous vintage accessory or jacket. I work almost all the time, so I need to wear clothes I can move around in easily.